We see this everywhere, on the front pages of magazines and on health websites… The “anti-cancer” foods. Of course the food that cures cancer doesn’t exist (at least not yet) but know that you can still stop this terrible disease by adopting a healthy lifestyle, simply by eating better and doing sports regularly .
Maïa Baudelaire, Nutritionist, Diet Coach, expert in eating habits and founder of her own method www.maiabaudelaire.com, gives you advice, tested and approved to prevent or live better with cancer.
Cancer depends on many factors, so it can not only be reduced by food and sport. The environment, smoking, excessive sun exposure and occupational hazards such as exposure to solvents and chemical scents… the list is long. But the best solution is to avoid them…
And if you want to put the odds on your side, you have a look at these “anti-cancer” foods to add them to your plate!
- The red wine rich in polyphenols (resveratrol) will help limit the growth of cancer ; 1 glass a day!
- Cruciferous: cabbage, broccoli, kale… will give you nutrients like selenium, sulforaphane which have anti-cancer properties
- Green tea: catechins and other molecules complicated name (EGCG) will help slow the growth of cancer cells
- Fish fats: provide pro-vitamin D
- Green leafy vegetables: vitamin B9 (or folic acid) has an important role in cancer prevention, you will find especially in spinach, beet greens, asparagus, and also beans and peas
- Vegetable proteins: great alternative to animal proteins that play a role in causing cancer. Replace your steak with lentils, quinoa or beans …
- Turmeric: for strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Ginger: you already know it!
- Dark chocolate: if you choose 70% cocoa minimum, you will have all the antioxidants and polyphenols with protective properties
- Red fruits: again, an inexhaustible source of antioxidants and polyphenols. Add them to your menu!