Cinnamon is a natural ingredient with surprising health benefits! Maïa Baudelaire talks about this great spice.
Origin of Cinnamon
It is the very fine bark of dried cinnamon which gives cinnamon sticks. This spice is mainly produced in Sri Lanka, but also in other countries such as India, Mauritius and Madagascar …
Use in the kitchen
Cinnamon brings no calories, and it is very suitable to flavor desserts. It can also replace sugar.
Cinnamon oil helps food preservation by preventing the growth of bacteria and mold: a few drops in your preparations and you can keep them longer.
What are the health benefits of cinnamon?
Cinnamon is an antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Maïa Baudelaire explains in detail its health benefits:
• Cinnamon helps digestion and regulates blood sugar levels: remember if you are diabetic
• A study has even shown that cinnamon improves blood circulation among overweight people. Add a spoon in your desserts to avoid the risk of cardiovascular disease!
• According to a doctor from Ohio State College of Medicine, cinnamon would also be beneficial in cases of Parkinson or Alzheimer diseases
• Sore throat ? Soak 2 cinnamon sticks in a cup of boiled water, cool down and drink!
• Cinnamon can be also used as an essential oil, and it can relieve menstrual cramps: apply a few drops of essential oil of cinnamon on a warm compress and place it on your belly. Relaxation guaranteed!