For 4 people
15 min of preparation
30 min of cooking
- 200 g White beans
- 200 g of Red beans
- 100 g Chickpeas
- ½ Shallot
- 4 sprigs of Coriander
- 4 sprigs of Parsley
- 1 Spring Onion
- ½ Lemon
- Some Chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of Camelina oil
Soak the red and white beans (unless they are fresh) and chickpeas overnight.
The next day :
- 1) Cook the beans for half an hour and then add the chickpeas and continue cooking for 30-45min.
- 2) When the vegetables are cooked, put them into a salad bowl.
- 3) Finely chop the shallot, coriander, parsley and spring onion.
- 4) In a salad bowl, mix the white beans, red beans, chickpeas, shallot, coriander, parsley and spring onion and sprinkle with Camelina oil and lemon juice.
Red beans are a good source of:
- Vitamin B9 (used in cell renewal, beneficial for pregnant women and development of the fetus.
- Potassium (used in nervous system, muscle functioning and helpful in regulating blood pressure)
- Iron (reduction of fatigue)
- Fibre (regulation of bowel movement and satiety)