For 4 people
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 to 15 min
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 bunch of onions
- 1 bunch of flat parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 2 handfuls of brown, medium Bulgur wheat
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 handful pomegranate grains
- 3 spoonfuls of Olive Oil
- a couple of pinches of salt
- 1.In a pot of hot water pour 2 handfuls of bulgur and cook for 15 min
- 2. Pull off the stems of the parsley and wash thoroughly. Using a pair of scissors cut off the parsley leaves.
- 3. Do the same with the mint and place it all into a large salad bowl.
- 4. Cut the onions finely and dice the tomatoes. Add these ingredients to the bowl.
- 5. Drain the bulgur and add it to the bowl along with the pomegranate.
- 6. For seasoning, add the squeezed lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper.
This tabouleh is perfect as a first course or accompaniment. Rich in carbohydrates, bulgur and parsley are also a good source of iron, vitamin K and vitamin C.