For 6 people
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- 200 ml of Milk
- 300 g flour
- 20 g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon fine wheat semolina
- Heat the milk (without boiling it).
- Dilute the yeast in 50 ml warm milk and melt the butter.
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour, salt and sugar.
- Make a small hole on the flour and pour in the warm milk, the melted butter and the diluted yeast. Mix until smooth and then knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rise in a salad bowl covered with a cloth, at room temperature for 1h30. The dough should double in volume.
- Sprinkle some flour over the worktop and then roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1cm. With a cookie cutter or a glass (diameter of 7-10cm) cut out circles of dough until there is none left.
- Sprinkle semolina on both sides of the circles of dough.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Cover with a cloth and let them rise for another 30min. They should double in size again.
- In a pan (without added fat), cook the muffins over a low heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
English muffins are usually served at breakfast: sweet or savoury. You can eat them in many ways: sweet (butter and jam or just butter, a homemade spread, …), salted (cheese, salmon, eggs, bacon).