For 4 people :
Preparation time: 35 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 4 litre of Mussels
- 30 g of Butter
- 2 Shallots
- 150 ml of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the shallots.
- Scrape and wash the mussels.
- In a large pot, pour in the mussels with a knob of butter, the chopped shallots and white wine.
- The mussels should open during cooking (the pot must be open and on a high heat). If they don’t open, throw them away.
- Once opened, remove the mussels from the pot and put the juices aside to prepare a sauce.
- Put the juices back on heat. Add the flour (or Maïzena) with an equal quantity of butter/margarine and mix with a whisk. Pour the mussels into the mix. Let the mixture boil for a moment, then salt and pepper.
- Pour into the moulds
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve
By using corn starch instead of wheat flour, this recipe is suitable for people who are gluten-intolerant.