For 4 people :
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 5 min
- 600g of watermelon
- 200ml of water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 10 mint leaves
- Take out all the seeds from the watermelon and cut it into pieces. Wash, dry, and chop up the mint.
- Into a saucepan, pour the water and honey. Mix well then bring to the boil.
- Add the mint. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Then filter the syrup.
- Blend the watermelon. Then, little by little, add the syrup to obtain a smooth and homogenous puree.
- Pour the mixture into trays of ice cubes and place in the freezer for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so with a fork.
Many sorbets sold during the summer are filled with synthetic sweeteners, dyes and other substances that children (and parents) consume.
A homemade sorbet will refresh children and adults with real seasonal fruits. What could be better?